Sunday, September 22, 2013

(Days 14-16) Ooooooh. We're halfway there.....oooooooh....

....livin' on a prayer....take my hand and we'll make it I swear....ooooooh. Livin' on a prayer!!!

Y'all. Seriously. Halfway.

Clearly, I had precious little time to blog over the weekend. And clean, folded laundry is still stacked up on the sofa...and there's a crock pot that needs to be washed in the sink. But, that's life.

So, we're going to do a speedy-recap of the last three days. And......GO!

Ate:

Friday: eggs with spinach, banana, leftover chili; had to work, so I grabbed some sliced turkey and some pistachios...then ate zucchini with onions, butternut squash and more turkey for dinner at 8:30.

Saturday: eggs with spinach, bacon...went to Festival in the Park (which is basically an upscale FAIR with FAIR FOOD). Surrounded by funnel cakes, anything on a stick, hot dogs, pizza, Greek gyros...Lord, have mercy! Waited it out and swung by Chick-fil-A on the way home for a grilled chicken salad. Yes, their grilled chicken has some soy, but otherwise no other issues. Ate it at home with my own dressing and a few almonds. Dinner was spaghetti squash with marinara/meat sauce.

Sunday: my to-go breakfast in the car was sliced turkey, almonds and a banana. Not my finest hour. Then, Qdoba failed me at lunch. (not really their fault, I guess). The shredded beef was ok, but the salad was way too spicy and tasteless all at once. Salsa was very hot today. Could not really get much of the salad down. There's not much worse eating-wise than going to one of your favorite places and getting gross food.
Soo hungry. I think I ate a few grapes. Then had a Larabar to get myself to dinner. Dinner was finally a good meal, with grilled chicken, butternut squash, half a zucchini, half a red pepper, & half a yellow pepper. Thanks again, Chef-Husband.

Also the only meal I took a picture of...
Total yum after a day of total bum.
Impressions: Halfway feels really, really good. This is totally do-able. Provided I don't have major soy issues, this is even do-able long-term for the most part. The gist of it will be eating just meat and vegetables, cutting out vegetable oil, and eating protein for breakfast. I can live without a lot of things.

Surprises: Fairly surprised I've made it day 16 with little to no cheats. Coffee is my only stumbling block. But, I've cut back on the stuff I put in it by at least 95%, so I'm going with improvement in that category. No cheats anywhere else unless it was accidental. I tightened up some things this past week to improve over week one. I made my OWN MAYONNAISE, y'all. So, there's some delicious chicken salad in my future. Did I mention that I made my own mayonnaise? 'Cause that's a big deal. I'm not exactly the most adept person in the kitchen. It only took me two weeks to get all the ingredients together. But it's made.

Let's all sing together...ooooooooh we're halfway there!


No comments:

Post a Comment