Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day Four (Tuesday)

or..."why are my teeth fuzzy?" day. Seriously. I brush them. Why do they feel fuzzier? Do sugar and carbs keep them squeaky? Things we'll never know.

Today was just nose to the grindstone day. It's a super-busy week at work, so it's good that I don't have time to sit and daydream about food. And it's nice to enjoy leftovers without worrying so much about what to eat. Believe it or not. Yesterday, I just went home for lunch, heated up my veggie soup and ate it. No thinking. I like food with no thinking. Anything I can cross off the list with no thinking is a win in my world. And I put the rest of it in the freezer for another no thinking lunch.

Impressions:
I'm definitely already feeling better in the sense of not having sugar highs and lows throughout the day. I mean, I'm not skipping through the meadows of flowers or anything, but can tell a difference in a few days.

"Christmas" eggs. Sound better than they tasted.
Ate:
  • Bacon & eggs with green peppers, tomatoes and onions and some grapes
  • Vegetable soup, a few slices of turkey and some cashews
  • Natural applesauce
  • Spaghetti squash with meat sauce and added green peppers, onions, carrots to approved Del Grosso marinara. Made a double batch and froze half to eat next week.
  • Was so hungry at 9:30 that I had a handful of cashews and a banana.
  • All I'm drinking is water and my morning coffee with the coconut milk "creamer" I made.


Spaghetti squash. Cooked in crock pot as is for four hours. Perfecto. Just looks funny.

Food thoughts: I definitely prefer my spinach/kale eggs over green pepper eggs. No flavor in those, even though I sauteed everything in the bacon pan.
I could probably eat spaghetti squash as my pasta long-term. Particularly if I could toss a little grated parmesan on there (after this, if I'm not lactose-intolerant). Jerod liked it too, but the boys had just whole grain pasta with their spaghetti. I didn't miss the garlic bread. A good complete meal that will give me leftovers.
"Spaghetti!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment