Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day Eight. (Saturday)

It was a glorious Saturday, straight from heaven. Light breeze. Sunny. 75 degrees. And kind of cool in the shade. I was made for days like these, particularly when they fall on Saturdays. I was pretty desperate to get outside for some weeks now, so we all headed down to our area state park by the river. Picnic, playground and a hike was just what the doctor ordered...even if I did have to carry my 35-lb. child the better part of the way back. A good reminder as to the amount of extra weight I literally carry every day. Of course, when it's all contained in a squirmy back-package it's a little different. But, my extra adipose doesn't tell me I'm pretty. So there's that.

Ate:

  • Bacon and egg/kale/spinach/green onion omelet. Coffee with tiniest splash of flavored creamer. Y'all, I cannot do black coffee. It makes me feel like Hulk, when he gets all green and mean. Going to continue with the coconut stuff I made, but I needed a moment today that felt less mean and green.
  • Our picnic was some shaved turkey and tomato in a lettuce wrap, cashews and a banana and some grapes. The boys had sandwiches. With bread. That wasn't all that tempting. Whole wheat bread is really something I can live without.
  • I said something to Shepard about ice cream. Dang. Then I wanted ice cream for two hours. I don't think it's the sweet as much as the cream. I took Shepard by for a Chick-fil-A dinner, and the cashier asked if I'd like the new mocha chocolate chip milkshake. JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL!!! "Yes, " I answered, "but I'm not going to order it." Empowered or crazy? I ate a banana "bread" Larabar (just dates, banana and walnuts)
  • A handful of cashews tided me over, as I was a busy bee trying to get some housework done while the littlest hiker took a nap.
  • Dinner was leftover grilled chicken (go chef Jerod!!) and spinach salad with apples, walnuts and a quick homemade (apple cider) vinaigrette. Was still hungry after dinner, but didn't get a chance to eat any more.
We did a fire pit, and I made a s'more for Shepard. Kid did not eat it. I'm telling him it's a chocolate sandwich with a roasted marshmallow, and he hands it back to me. Kids these days. smh
My pic-a-nickers.

Impressions: 

I didn't really care much about eating today since the weather was so nice. And that was nice. Just ate things that were on my good list and dreamed a little bit about ice cream--which is weird since I really don't eat much ice cream anyway. Did want something for my afternoon snack of the potato chip or french fry variety. I realize those are sugar. But they are SALTY sugar, and my favorite kind. Darn tubers.

Surprises:

Still not feeling anything "magical." Was hoping for the deep, deep sleep that some folks report. I am more restless. Had crazy crazy dreams all night Friday night. Maybe coconut aminos (instead of soy sauce) mess with your head. Overall, I know this is better food, so magic or not...I keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment