Friday, September 13, 2013

Day Seven (Friday)

I heart Friday. I mean, who doesn't? And the lower humidity put a spring in my step...until I remembered I couldn't have my awesome version of unhealthy coffee (full of hot cocoa and flavored creamer). Made some constant comment tea (sooo yummy), but again without a spot of honey...hard to get down. Regis (the dog) was willing to give it a try when I turned my back for 2 seconds. He totally lapped up my tea! So, even if I'd wanted to finish it, I couldn't.

So, blurging around the office this morning with one eyelid open. This part makes me feel like the guy in Men In Black wandering around saying "SUGAR! SUGAR!"

This is my snack-box. I know if I get hungry, and don't have anything available, I will crash and burn.

Ate:

  • Oh goodness. The eggs again. I tried to make some pancetta. It burned in some places and was uncooked in others. So, I zapped it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Yikes. I made bacon bits. Tried to make an omelet with bacon bits and spinach. Overkilled the paprika. Ate half of it and quit. Had with natural applesauce. (and mentally, with cheese, but whatevs)
  • Cashews to get me through morning. I probably need to lay off the cashews. But it really was only about three handfuls.
  • Ate a banana on the way to the grocery store on lunch break. That darned fresh pizza in the deli area! Ran home and fixed three lettuce wraps with mustard, turkey (2), roast beef (1) and fresh tomato and a squish of guacamole. Not nearly as good as a real sub. Just sayin'. Ate some strawberries.
  • Dinner is finally some chicken and broccoli*. And sweet potatoes. And zucchini, squash and onions. Holla.
Will probably not do these in coconut oil again.

Long live Chef Jerod. Whole 30-approved grilled chicken! Fan-freakin'-tastic.

Impressions: Coffee makes me a better human.


Surprises:
Passed the Krispy Kreme store without driving through (not that I usually do, but my crave-ometer didn't ramp up to the point of turning). No real cheats so far. Seven days. I thought I might be maniacally grabbing for bread products.

*In an odd twist of life, one of the things Jerod said to me upon my taking on this whole 30 thing was "As long as we don't eat chicken and broccoli and green beans every night..." I am flummoxed and somewhat proud to announce, as of day SEVEN, I haven't had a bit of any of those things. What the what?! I don't fix chicken very well. It totally skeeves me out in its uncooked state. And we haven't had enough time to prep and cook it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment