Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day Two. (Sunday)

Covered under grace, I think.  ;)
AAHHHHH! I took communion without even thinking! The whole 30 "people" are adamant that not a morsel or nano-particle of any grain goes into your body. But I think God'll let me slide with a tiny piece of gluten-free bread dipped in grape juice. Yes?

But that was my day. Almost mindlessly reaching for things that I usually eat.

In a rush and hard to gulp breakfast down...but I did it. My coffee was MUCH better. Not at all sweet, which is frankly just sad; but at least I could get it down. Had more of my pancetta-egg-kale-onion muffins and mandarin oranges.

We braved Qdoba for lunch, and I was able to have lettuce, shredded beef, salsa and guacamole. (only their shredded beef and pork are soy-free) It was ok. Lots of good flavors, but I missed the chips. I was still hungry an hour later (truly, I think) and ate the rest of the oranges. That seemed to do it. I think it was all those stupid pizza commercials on during the Panthers game. I could practically SMELL it.

I had to work all afternoon, so I packed a banana and cashews. It was one of those events where it was fine for me to sample some things and fix a plate, and I came within seconds of downing some kettle corn. I settled for a grilled burger with lots of lettuce, tomato and some grilled vegetables. I totally wanted to hit those brownie bites. And caramel apples. UGH!

Today was more of a struggle, as I was surrounded with food this evening, and I had a bit of a social thing where I felt a little sad to pass on the freshly-baked burger buns and cheese.

There are no pictures of food today. This chick is tired, and I work again tomorrow night. I should be able to swing by home and eat something here though. Nothing for me on the job tomorrow except a very long day. Packing snacks and sticking to it.

Impressions: pass the pizza, please. Yesterday, I thought a relatively pizza-free existence might be possible. Today, not as much. Supposedly, the next three-four days are the worst of it; then your body hits some sort of happy place.

Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment