Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day Six. (Thursday)

Another whirlwind day. I'm hopeful that work calms down a bit starting tomorrow to a manageable pace. This week has not been manageable. I'm grinding my teeth at night and restless. I need some deep breaths. Wonder if I have a yoga DVD?


Ate:
  • Used leftover steak and peppers with my eggs. That made it much more edible and gave me a break from bacon. Also had a plum. I'm weary of eggs. But I tried to track down an approved smoothie this morning, and it proved fruitless. FRUITLESS, I say. Apparently, grinding up scads of fruit (and spinach and kale!) doesn't fit into eating the whole foods...whole. Tomorrow's task is finding breakfast options.
  • Lunch was another day of spaghetti squash spaghetti. It's all gone now. I feel sure I ate some grapes and cashews too. I basically carry a snack bag filled with nuts and fruit.
  • Had to do a quick turn-around on dinner so we could make it to Shepard's open house and school and ICE CREAM SOCIAL. Yay! Had a burger with a strip of bacon, spinach and neighbor-fresh-tomato (!) with a dash of Grey Poupon (that I discovered later has sugar, so no more of that) and some sauteed zucchini.

Impressions:
I really wanted to throw in the towel today and eat some cheese. Just be done with it all. I was still tired and feeling cranky that I even need to do this whole thing. Darn it. But I just kept doing it.
I also threw a dash of sugar in my coffee this morning. It didn't help, so I won't do it again. I think I might have to give up coffee. Without sugar and creamer, I'd just as soon drink motor oil. Might try tea.

Six down. 24 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment