Sunday, September 29, 2013

Days 21-23 (Friday-Sunday)

Who has time to write about food on the weekends? Particularly when it takes you an hour to make a simple dinner? I'm a 30-minute meal kind of gal. That's why I love a good casserole or something you can zip together and let the oven do the rest...I'm going to have to get used to prepping ahead or waiting longer to eat. There is no "fast" food. Yes, I said that last week, too. That's my current hurdle. Real food takes time to prep and cook.

I honestly can't remember everything I ate on Friday. It was all compliant.  :)

Ate/Saturday:

  • Spinach eggs 
  • Grilled and sauteed veggies a la tacos (no tortillas): zucchini, onions, red peppers, squash--with salsa and guacamole. One leftover meatloaf "muffin"
  • Banana and almonds
  • Pot roast, 1/2 sweet potato, spinach salad with dried berries; homemade bordeaux dressing (no sugar)

Ate/Sunday:

  • Almonds and banana (in the car)
  • Panera Fuji apple salad with chicken, tomatoes (took off sugared dried apples and cut up a fresh one on it) and my own dressing
  • Almonds
  • Tapioca and coconut flour-breaded baked chicken tenders, cauliflower "mashed fauxtatoes," and green beans
  • Very hungry late, so I ate about 1/2 c. of pot roast

Impressions:

Almost to the finish line! Just about another week to go. Thinking about how to stay on plan next weekend while I'm away. Also thinking about cheddar cheese and coffee creamer. Will have those two things at the ready next Monday morning. Fingers crossed my body is ok with a little dairy. I don't need to go dairy-crazy, but the thought of ZERO dairy makes me beyond sad. I still can't believe I've gone 23 whole days without sugar, wheat, dairy or soy. I ate fast food once at chick-fil-A, but it was pretty much just chicken and salad with my own dressing. I thought I couldn't do that many days without chocolate. The cravings have pretty much subsided, and I'm interested to get into the reintroduction to see how my body responds. Would love to find a good option for tortillas. The veggie "tacos" tasted fantastic, but it would have been nice to wrap them all up in something for eating. I'm sure there are some recipes out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment