Monday, September 16, 2013

Day Ten ("Manic" Monday)

Day 10! Or 1/3 of the way through. Obviously if you read my earlier post today, I'm working through a few things. The good news is, I haven't fallen off the wagon. Just had a cuss-worthy morning at work and spotted my anger at that situation as an emotional-eating trigger for sure. Then I got mad at myself for wanting to fix issues with food. Isn't this all a fun roller-coaster?

Looked and smelled amazing. So much for taste.

Ate:

  • made a blueberry breakfast clafouti. Meh. It actually really needed sugar to be a real thing. Looked up other clafouti recipes. Yep. Heavy cream and sugar. Sometimes, it's just better to eat something regular instead of trying to make something awesome work. At least it smelled really good.
  • the clafouti didn't last very long. Half a banana...then truly hungry by lunch. Just wanted tortilla chips and fresh salsa. Went for some bacon on leftover burger and a huge spinach salad with apples and walnuts. Bacon was totally comfort food today. Toyed with eating some chips. Ate three sweet potato chips and decided I didn't need them. 
Lunch. It's not mashed potatoes with gravy. Kind of sad.





    Dinner.

  • Tried a new pork chop recipe for dinner. I don't really eat pork chops if I can help it, but saw some center cut pork loin on sale and thought I'd branch out. It was ok. Just ate half of one. Surprised the little one liked it so well! Had with green beans and another salad and some mandarin oranges. Very proud of the little one who ate everything we ate, plus asked for salad when he saw Mommy's! He'll eat salad every now and again. Hoping to get that in regular rotation for him too.

Impressions: 

Too many to think about now. Moving on. I've come too far to turn back now.


Surprises: 

Discovered my beloved cashews might have some peanut oil involved. Not starting over, but can't eat them anymore. Going hunting for "good" cashews later.

No comments:

Post a Comment