Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day Thirteen (Thursday)

....oh. Lucky 13. I decided to go ROGUE this morning. Due to last night's late protein ingestion, I did not wake up with a nice hunger as usual. Also, was able to take my time this morning on my way up and in to work. As with before whole 30, I just didn't really want to eat anything. I used to wait and really eat breakfast around 9:30 am. But, I knew I should have something. I thought I'd make a coconut milk smoothie. Repercussions listed below...

(that's my sneaky way of keeping you reading this shockingly good blog...see what I did there?)

Ate:
  • Smoothie (not really a thumbs-up food on this plan): made of one can of coconut milk, strawberries, frozen blueberries, fresh spinach and a banana. Super-tasty.
  • But dang it, if I wasn't REALLY HUNGRY about an hour and a half later...since there wasn't really any protein involved...so I swung by EarthFare on my way in and got some scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon. 
  • That held me. At lunch I experimented with some turkey pepperoni, dollops of spaghetti sauce (compliant) and topped with little pieces of spinach to replicate the feeling of pizza. I did cook them and follow a recipe...but that's not for me. Won't be doing that again, though the Amy's Organic spaghetti sauce was brilliant. Also had a romaine/iceberg mix salad with an apple on it.
  • Dinner was a deeee-lightful chili made by Husband. Some butternut squash, zucchini, tomatoes, lean beef and seasonings. He just pulled some for me (lots for leftovers too) before adding in beans. Was very tasty, though I really missed crackers and cheese with it.

Impressions:

Oopsie on the smoothie. My @$$ has been dragging all day. I think the rush of sugar, particularly with no protein makes me feel like I used to feel 14 days ago. Groggy and foggy. NO GOOD. Will have the rest of my smoothie at some point, but just a few sips after a proper meal. All of this isn't just about what is technically compliant, but about how you eat and how it makes you feel. They were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment