Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day Three. (Monday)

Was tired and cranky, but I can probably attribute that to the work schedule and the heat. And that fact that at least one smallish critter in our house never seems to be able to get through the whole night without waking us up.

Ate:
  • I fried actual bacon for breakfast. Y'all that junk is good. I haven't been a bacon eater for probably 15 years or so. Made eggs with lots of spinach and green onions. Also tasty. And half a banana.
  • Snacked on cashews before lunch.
  • Lunch was leftover vegetable soup. Wanted crackers sooo bad.
  • Dinner was in two parts...before event had leftover half burger and a cup of butternut squash. After event chowed down on a spinach leaf-apple-walnut-carrot salad with a homemade vinaigrette. And a few thin slices of turkey on the side.

Impressions:
This is the week that cravings are supposed to be the worst. What I'm realizing is how often I think of food or reach for food without thinking. I'm having to stop myself all the time. That's good. Just to see my relationship with food. I still want pizza. Need to get another helping of fruit in.

Surprises: how easy it is to whip up a sugar-free vinaigrette! Tonight's had red wine vinegar (which I realized is on the border of can-have vinegars--oops), olive oil, italian seasoning, dried mustard, salt and pepper. And LOTS of garlic. Perhaps too much. I brushed my teeth twice. But it was really good. I actually scarfed down my salad and found it satisfying. That has happened maybe never.

Cooked a spaghetti squash for day four dinner. You should see it. I'll post a picture. It looks like a deflated football!  :)

I can do anything for 30 days. I can do anything for 30 days. I can do anything for 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment