Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day Twelve. (Wednesday)

I feel as if I should name each day this week. We had "Manic Monday," and perhaps "Terrible Tuesday," so how about "Wacky Wednesday?" Another long work day. (9 am - 7 pm) And I had to attend an evening event in which there were platters of self-serve food, like brie, cheese tray and mini beef wellingtons (I mean...tender, savory beef wrapped in delicate pastry!?!?!?!?). And fruit. Thank you, fruit. I really, truly toyed with going all rogue and just eating a cube of cheese. But, I didn't. I knew if I ate a cube of cheese, the beef wellington would not be far behind. And day 12 is way way too far to go backward.

Ate:

  • Doggone clafouti. It's gone finally. Tiniest bit of honey on top. And half a banana. And my usual coffee with special coconut "creamer." 
  • Another whole banana at lunch with leftover POT ROAST. It has to be in all caps because it's the only way I can convey to you what my taste buds do when I EAT IT. POT ROAST! and broccoli. And some grapes.
  • Had about 8 pistachios (my new cashew?) and ate a few pieces of pineapple and grapes at the reception. Starving by 7 pm. Warmed up last week's (frozen) vegetable soup and made a strawberry-spinach salad. Unfortunately, the soup was the bottom of the soup where all the veggie tidbits are. So, it was kind of nothing-soup. Just tidbits in broth. Which meant, I was ravenous by the time Shepard went to sleep, and led to a 9:45 pm grilling of a burger with lettuce and dijon mustard. I needed some protein. Sadly, late and not the best choice, but it's what I could come up with.

Impressions: 

The ubiquitous cheese tray at any given event is always a stumbling block for me. I don't even know how I managed to keep from surrender. Life moves fast. I need a good way to prep some chicken. I tried to buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, but of course it has some no-no ingredients. I think I will have to boil a bunch and ask the husband to trim it up for me. And maybe we'll grill a bit more this weekend. There are very few places I can buy approved chicken. Looking forward to making some compliant chicken salad this weekend. Everywhere I look for anything remotely "convenient," I find stuff that's not compliant. I have determined that I'm ok with a 96% compliancy rating for the duration. I don't live in a bubble where all I have is time to go to Whole Foods, spend three hours in the kitchen cooking, and getting optimal sleep. I have a three-year-old, a full-time job and a recently nutty work life...and I need some fun in there too. Doing what I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment